An SD Card (Secure Digital Card) is a small flash memory card designed to provide high capacity memory in a small size. SD cards are used in small portable devices such as digital video camcorders, digital cameras, handheld computers, audio players and mobile phones. SD card uses flash memory to provide nonvolatile storage, which means that a power is not required to retain stored data. Several form factors and levels of capacity are used in the Secure Digital, technology. Cell phones almost always use the micro SD standard, which is the smallest form of SD card. Many feature phones and smart phones offer a SD slot for expanded storage, backup and transfer of files. Sometimes your SD get corrupted, so you need to restore files from corrupted SD card.
One of the appropriate and powerful tools is SDXC card recovery software. Using this tool you effectively recover files from corrupted SD card. It recover corrupted photos, audios or videos from corrupt or damaged SD card. It supports SDXC card recovery of files and also recover files from various types of other memory cards, which includes SD card, XD card, Duo Pro, Compact Flash cards, MMC cards etc. This software is bundled with various features due to which it is considered as a best tool to retrieve files from corrupted SD card.Using this fabulous utility, you can even recover data from corrupted Micro SD card
Common scenarios of corruption in SD card are as under:
- Interrupted read / write process: Interruptions in the read / write process in the SD card is the main reason behind file system error. The read / write process can be interrupted by abrupt removal of the SD card, sudden power failure or accidental system shut down while the files are being transferred or downloaded from the SD card to the hard drive of the computer. The file system of the SD card gets corrupted due to incomplete read / writes process and hence shows file system error when tried to be accessed. At certain situtaion you need help of advanced file recovery software to restore files from corrupted SD card.
- Root Directory Corruption: Root directory is a structure, which allows you to store only limited number of files in memory card i.e. approximately 256 files. If you have stored large images with unknown or weird file names then the root directory of SD card will point to faulty location or some other, which results in loss of photos.
- Boot Sector corruption: SD card has a boot sector, which is responsible for setting up the geometry of the card. While accessing SD card data from camera, if you have faced any errors like “SD card cannot be formatted”, “Seek errors” or “SD card unreadable” etc. then you suffer from loss of files due to corruption in boot sector, which result in inaccessibility of data. After facing this scenario most of the users get upset as they don't know the way to restore files from corrupted SD card.
- Accidental Formatting: Formatting the SD card from one file system to the other file system accidentally and any error encountered in that file system conversion also makes the file system of the SD card corrupt. For e.g. the memory card will have FAT file system originally. Unintentionally formatting the file system of the SD card from FAT to NTFS and unsuccessful in the conversion process due to some error occurred corrupt the entire file system of the SD card, which ultimately leads to file system error. In such situation SDXC card recovery tool will help you to restore files from corrupted sd card.
- Virus attack: The file system of the SD card may get corrupted due to virus infection and hence throws error messages while accessing the files stored in the SD card. At this stage make use of SDXC card recovery software. This software will allow you to successfully recover files from corrupted SD card. Know more at http://www.sdxccardrecovery.com/.
Precautions to be taken to restore files from corrupted SD card:
- Take a proper backup of your photos and media files, so if you come across problems then you need for SDXC card recovery of data from the backup file.
- If you have accidentally formatted your memory card and want to recover all the data from it, then it is very important that you do not add any new data onto the formatted SD card, as it will overwrite the older data and you will lose your previous data permanently.
Basic features of SDXC card recovery software are:
- Restore images, video and music files from SD cards that are used in digital cameras, camcorders, mobile / cell phones, MP3 players etc. It also helps to retrieve photos from SDHC card.
- Recover office files, zip archives, photo files etc. from corrupt SD cards.
- Tool is designed with easy to use interface to that even a person from non technical background can retrieve files from corrupted SD card effortlessly.
- Supports retrieval of files from accidentally formatted SD card.
- Also has the capability to
restore deleted partitions from SD, SDHC, SDXC, MicroSD and other memory cards.
- The software not only knows how to recover data from corrupted Micro SD card, but also knows how to retrieve data from all other secondary storage devices.
- It even supports SD card recovery on Andorid based device. Visit this url for further details http://www.sdxccardrecovery.com/undelete-files.html
- The application knows how to recover corrupted photos from Micro SD card on Windows and Macintosh operating system. Hence it is possible to restore SDHC card on Mac as well as Windows in few easy steps.
Steps to recover files from corrupted SD card:
Step 1: In order to retrieve files from corrupted SD card first you need to connect the SD card with your system and then download and install free demo version of SDXC card recovery software on the hard drive of your computer. Run the application and select the “Recover Drives” from main window.
Step 2: Select “Partition Recovery” or "Formatted / Reformatted Recovery" from the next window.
Step 3: Then, select the SD card from which the files need to be recovered and select scan option to recover lost photos. The software will start to get back files from corrupted SD card.
Step 4: Once the scanning is over, preview the recovered files and save them on your desired location.